WT Academy Canarias
We are an independent Wing Tsun and Escrima school. Dai-Sifu Peter Grusdat is the General Director of the Wing Tsun in the FEAM (Spanish Federation of Martial Arts). The education is mainly based on the orignal
EWTO school program in line of Yip Man / Leung Ting.
In training sessions we lay our focus on practicalness, not on ineffectual "partner dances".
Spirited learning of punch and kick techniques as well as circuit training is included in our training lessons
- essential for a functional defense and fighting system.
The time ratio of training on forms and Chi-Sao is
reduced to a minimum in our school.
Supervised sparring with protective clothing, especially in Escrima, is also part of our advanced training program.
In addition we offer training of ground fighting techniques based on Luta Livre
, which has many conformities to the principals of Wing Tsun
We prefer to prevent ground combats, but we would rather be prepared for the worst.
Enjoying training with like-minded people in a friendly atmosphere is our highest precept!
Political disputes of associations doesn't interest us at all.
Every enthusiast of martial arts - whatever association - is welcome to our school.
Dai-Sifu Peter Grusdat
- Born in 1967
- Began learning of different martial arts, such as Tae-Kwon-Do, Kick- und Thai-Boxing, at the age of 16
- Started learning and training of Wing Tsun in 1988
- In 1991 he gave his first offical lessons
- Has been offically appointed to an internacional accredited Sifu on 27th of April 1998
- Operated in the security industry and personal protection of Juliane Werding (was his disciple later), Boyzone, Jean Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris, Cynthia Rothrock, Richard Norton, Toshishiro Obata, Luciano Pavarotti, Ice-T and Mrs. Porsche
- Teaches Wing Tsun in line of the deceased Yip Man
- General Director of the Wing Tsun in the FEAM (Spanish Federation of Martial Arts)
With these words i want to thank my teachers of whom i have had the honour and privilege to have training in private lessons with.
Keith R. Kernspecht, René Latosa,
Bill Newman, Heinrich Pfaff, Emin Boztepe,
Especially i want to thank Great Grand Master Leung Ting, our original source , who has given me the honour of visiting one of my schools in Germany.